ISO 22000 is an internationally recognised standard that combines the ISO9001 approach to food safety management and HACCP for the assurance of food safety at all levels. The standard maps out how an organisation can demonstrate its ability to control safety hazards to ensure that food is safe.
Food safety is a global concern. It can be defined as the practical certainty that injury or illness will not result from the consumption of food. We certify a vast range of ISO 22000 categories worldwide.
ISO 22000 can be used by any organisation within the food supply chain. The standard integrates the principles of a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system developed by the Codex Alimentarius Commission. By means of auditable requirements, it combines the HACCP plan with prerequisite programmes as well as other food safety system requirements.
Control Union Certification provides globally accredited certification in this standard across a wide range of food chain categories. These include food manufacturing, feed production, storage and distribution or the production of packaging and packaging material.
Control Union Bulgaria is delivering ISO 22000 certification services on behalf of Control Union Certifications B.V.
How you benefit
Implementation of ISO 22000 could result in:
- Improved management and communication.
- Assurances on quality, reliability and safety.
- Decrease costs from withdrawals or recalls.
- Improved reputation and brand loyalty.
- More confidence in disclosures.
- Less food borne diseases.
- Better quality and safer jobs in the food industry.
- Better utilisation of resources.
- More efficient food safety hazard control.
- Systematic management of prerequisite programmes.
- Valid basis for taking decisions.
- Control focused on priorities.
- Saves resources by reducing duplication.
- Better planning, less post-process verification.
- Development of a food safety management system.