With the GSES® you can measure where your organization stands in the area of CSR, Sustainable Procurement, CO2 reduction, Health & Safety and the circular economy. The system is based on the ISO high level structure and the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN are also integrated. All building blocks of the GSES® can be obtained as a partial certificate.
In extension of the GSES® Standard on organizational level, GSES has a three-stage generic product/project certification which measures products/projects, buildings & raw materials from all different sectors. With the Sustainable Footprint Standard the GSES offers a global solution for the generic measurement of products/projects, buildings & raw materials. The Sustainable Footprint Standard measures on 3 pillars: Circular, Environmental & Health.
Global Sustainable Enterprise System (GSES®) is the global all-overseeing sustainability standard is managed by a wide international range of experts, stakeholder industries and the National Sustainability Institute of the Netherlands. GSES® – the golden standard for sustainable, social and holistic performance of organizations, supply chain & products.
By going through all the steps in the system and putting the measuring stick in organisations, it is possible to measure where the organisations currently stand, what has already been achieved and what needs to be done to really do business in a sustainable way.
How you benefit
- As a participant you will receive clear information about what can be improved, where the savings and opportunities are. Measured according to international standards such as ISO 20400, ISO 26000, ISO 14064 and BS 8001.
- 1 international standard that covers all angles of sustainability.
- A GSES® participant is included in the international GSES® register and with that you are local, national and international visible as a company that is working on a better world.
- You can be audited for a better ranking in your sector. Through the independent audit, your customers know where you stand in the area of sustainable and responsible business. Audited companies get a higher score in the system.
- The GSES® makes your supply chain transparent in all areas of sustainable business.
- To you the freedom which matters you pick up, as a participant you will receive the complete manual for each component of the system. Of course you also receive the possible additions to this directly.
- If you need help or want to lift your company to a higher level, we have GSES® certified consultants ready for you.
Global all-overseeing sustainability platform
Two GSES® Standards combined in one SMART -world changing- online, data-driven system. The total GSES® System measures the following levels and pillars:
4 levels of measurement:
- standard level
- organization level
- supply chain level
- product/project level
5 pillars of sustainability – organizational level:
- Corporate Social Responibility – based on ISO 26000
- Sustainable Procurement – based on ISO 20400
- CO2 emissions – based on ISO 50001 & ISO 16064-1
- Circular Economy – based on BS 8001
- Health & Safety – based on ISO 45001
3 pillars of sustainability – product/project level:
- Circular – based on EMF & Cradle2Cradle
- Sustainable Procurement – based on ISO 20400
- Health – REACH Compliance
1 overall scorecard
GSES Sustainable Footprint Standard – Products/Projects/Raw materials
In extension of the GSES® Standard on organizational level, we developed a three-stage generic product certification which measures products/projects, buildings & raw materials from all different sectors. With the Sustainable Footprint Standard the GSES offers a global solution for the generic measurement of products/projects, buildings & raw materials. The Sustainable Footprint Standard measures on 3 pillars:
The NDI (National Sustainability Institute) & SGS Search have developed the Circular Footprint and harmonized it with a wide range of sectors and products with (inter)national experts. In order to properly measure all products from all different sectors on circularity, we have developed a generic method that can be used worldwide. End users of products and raw materials can see exactly how circular the end product, project or building is by using a QR code or NFC tag. The QR code linked directly to the GSES global database in which all information about the scores can be viewed.
SGS & NDI created the LCA certification; the Environmental Footprint for products, projects and buildings. The EF® certification is based on the ISO 14040 and the PEF, In order to properly measure all products, projects & buildings on an environmental performance we need a generic method that can be used worldwide. This method became the EF® certification. End users of products can see exactly how their product or project is ranked on environmental performance using the QR code or NFC tag on the packaging or branding of the product/project.
NDI & Royal Haskoning DHV developped the Health Footprint. In order to properly measure all products/projects from all different sectors on health risks, we need a generic method that can be used worldwide. End users of products can see exactly how healthy or harmful their purchase is based on a QR code or NFC tag on the packaging of the product.