Control Union Certifications is accredited for FSSC 22000, which is a certification scheme for food and feed safety and quality management systems in compliance with ISO22000/9001 requirements, sector specific Prerequisite Program (PRPs) requirements and additional scheme requirements.
FSSC 22000 focuses on assuring food safety by defining, evaluating and controlling risks and hazards during processing, manufacturing, packaging, storage, transportation, distribution, handling or offering for sale or supply in any sector of the food chain.
The scheme is owned by the Foundation FSSC 22000 and accredited. FSSC registered certification bodies can provide third party certification in the standard. The certification standard is also Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognised.
The scheme is intended for the audit, certification and registration of food safety management systems for the following scopes and product categories:
- Farming for meat, milk, eggs and honey (excluding trapping, hunting and fishing).
- Manufacturing of food products such as perishable animal or plant products, ambient stable products and (bio)chemicals.
- Manufacturing of food packaging and packaging material (for example, materials that have direct or indirect contact with the food).
- Manufacturing of food and feed for animals, such as pet food, animal feed and fish feed.
- Transport and storage services, including those across the food supply chain.
- Catering preparations, storage and, where appropriate, the delivery of food for consumption, at the place of preparation or at a satellite unit.
- Retail and wholesale provision of finished food products to a customer (for example retail outlets and wholesalers)
Control Union Bulgaria is delivering FSSC 22000 certification services on behalf of Control Union Certifications B.V.
How you benefit
FSSC 22000 guides and gives food operators accurate tools to help them implement appropriate assessments, procedures and actions to assure food safety and legislation compliance.
Correct implementation of FSSC 22000 might result in:
- Becoming GFSI approved (this approval is required for major retailers worldwide).
- Development of your own food safety management system, including compliance with the requirements stipulated in FSCC 22000.
- Improved management and internal communication.
- Reduced costs caused by withdrawals and/or recalls.
- Improved reputation and brand loyalty.
- A greater sense of confidence in disclosures through increased recognition, trust and credibility.
This program is accredited; RvA-C499.